
That's right folks. Mandy Montierth followed a recipe and made a dish that slightly resembled a real meal!!! For some reason I decided to cook fish. Brandon really likes it. Me not so much, but I was feeling rather generous last night. I made beer battered tilapia with red chile mandarin orange sauce. On the side I steamed yellow squash, zucchini, and green beans. I was watching The Biggest Loser a couple of nights ago and while they didn't recommend beer battered tilapia, they did recommend steaming veggies with these cool new Ziploc steamer bags. They are supposed to help keep all the vitamins and good stuff in the veggies instead of loosing them all in the water when you steam them in a pot. You just cut up the vegetables and pop them in the steamer bag and nuc them for 3 minutes or so. They turned out really yummy.
2 comments:
So Mandy, see what a little technology brings? I found you through Kev and Nicole's blog, I'm Kevin's sister and Jason Palmer's wife, Sara. Anyhow, Jason totally needs to call you, I've nagged him approximately 18.4 times, today. He's "sick" so he's been taking it easy (kill me.) Anyhow, after looking at the amazing picture of your dinner, I might have more in mind for you than what Jason's talked to you about. ;)
UH YUMMMY! We like tilapia, you need to share the recipe. Thanks for the call on the pup, Paul reminded me we want a shed-less doggy. So, we will keep looking, maybe as it gets closer to june.
The hike looked fun, where is your picture?
Post a Comment